(LOWELL, OH) - It was like a scene from the movie “The Godfather,” when a local man’s car went up in flames.
He escaped alive, but the car didn’t.
Investigators from the Washington County Sheriff’s Office say that car—a 2002 Ford Focus—is a total loss after it caught fire and the flames engulfed it.
The L-A fire department in Lowell responded to the Walnut Street home where the car fire took place and found that the fire appeared to originate from the car’s battery compartment.
The car’s owner recently charged the battery, which investigators say was dead.
Police say no foul play is suspected.